Who are we?
We are all local people who love music and Thame. We got together in late 2016 to add to the fun and vibrancy of Thame and to give musicians’ a platform to perform (it’s not so easy these days to get your own music heard!) and to allow people to see live music – We love it!
TTMF17 saw 9 venues host 58 acts with over 200 musicians attract over 8,000 visitors. TTMF18 hosted over 9,500 visitors and added a Classical Concert, a Music Industry Convention and a Songwriters Competition to the line-up over the two days. TTMF19 was the biggest year yet and saw around 12,500 visitors to Thame enjoying over 60 acts across 12 venues including two outdoor stages.
We remain committed to the principles initiated in 2017 namely:
- We will treat everyone as we would wish to be treated
- We will do each task as well as we can
- We focus on music, particularly original and authentic music
To become an important annual event which attracts new and established musical artists and is seen on a national level to be supporting new and original music and musicians.
To provide clear differentiation from other small festivals:
- To further enrich the cultural life and reputation of Thame as a vibrant, diverse, and enthusiastic community
- To give original artists a platform to perform in a quality setting to a supportive and engaged audience
- To continue the FTMC mission of promoting live music performance in Thame
- To support the local economy and small retail businesses particularly Thame High Street
- To kick start a fund/campaign to create a performance venue for Thame
Thame Town Music Festival CIC
We are a non-profit Community Interest Company staffed entirely by unpaid volunteers. It exists to enhance Thame and get live music thriving in our town.
Thame Town Music Festival CIC, Company # 10683384, 4 Cromwell Court, New Street, Aylesbury, HP20 2PB
First Thursday Music Club (FTMC)
The FTMC was started in 2010 by Johnnie Littler and now, nearly 10 years later, runs the best open mic nights in the country. FTMC also run stages at Towersey Festival, the Thame Carnival and other events. So far FTMC have put on over 700 acts to a combined audience of over 11,000! All for free!
FTMC is at Thame Snooker Club, St Andrews Court, Wellington St, Thame OX9 3WT on the first Thursday of each month (see what we did there?) Walk up slots 8:00 – 9:00, then pre-books, a feature act and lots of fun – come on down. Contact FTMC through their Facebook page. Follow on them twitter, Visit their website.
Thame Town Music Festival - Organising Committee
- Johnnie Littler – Festival Director, Guitar, Singing, and good with an email!
- Chris Hallsworth – Finance & Operations Director, Guitar, good with wood and sharp implements!
- Anne Laird – Event Director and superfan
- Contact us on info@ThameTownMusicFestival.org